Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Go Mediterranean with Sabra!


Are you ready to Go Mediterranean? With Sabra you can taste the Mediterranean without leaving home!

Beth from Plussizemommy and I were given the chance to introduce a group of our friends to the amazing Mediterranean tastes of Sabra and now we would like to introduce Sabra to you! Lets start with this awesome Sabra commercial. (pay attention to the actor in the video)



Sabra makes a great gourmet line of dips, appetizers and snacks. Sabra's products offer all of the taste and health benefits of foods found in the Mediterranean diet and contain no trans fat or cholesterol. You can go here to see Sabra's full line of products. While you are there check out these great recipes and serving suggestions for Sabra products.

Beth and I belong to a family center playgroup together so we decided that our parent meeting was the perfect place to share Sabra. We choose Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Roasted Garlic Hummus, and Greek Olive Hummus. I really wanted to try the Mediterranean Salsa but all the stores I went to only carried the Hummus dips. I am still searching!

Anyone who knows me knows I am not one to try new things, I get a crazy feeling in my stomach like I might die if I try something new. Well I am happy to say you would all be proud of me because I tried the Roasted Garlic Hummus and I actually liked it! (and I didn't die lol) Only a few of the people at our meeting had tried hummus before and we persuaded everyone to give it a try and the results were favorable. Roasted Red Pepper seemed to be the favorite, those who tried the Greek Olive said it had a very strong olive flavor and you had to really like olives to appreciate it. The Roasted Garlic also had a very strong flavor, which is why I think I liked it so much, I love garlic and the fact that the flavor was so strong helped me get past the fact that it was made out of something I would never consider eating. (I really don't like the texture of bean like foods.) One of the ladies in the group is actually from a Greek family and she makes homemade hummus, she gave Sabra the thumbs up and said that if she couldn't make her own, Sabra would definitely be her hummus of choice!

Here are a few pictures from our Sabra tasting




Doesn't it look good! I love the packaging too!

There were actually about 10 other people there but they were camera shy! In the end we raffled off a coupon for a free Sabra product and a $5 grocery store gift card to buy crackers to go with their dip!

How would you like to have a Sabra party of your own? Here is your chance! Remember earlier when I said pay attention to the actor in the video? Well if you can tell me what show he has been on in the last few months you could win coupons for Sabra to feed 10 people!

All you have to do is watch the commercial and leave me a comment with your guess. A winner will be chosen at random from the correct entries. I will choose the winner using random.org on Wednesday, April 29th at 8 pm EST.

Make sure you visit Beth's blog thePlussizemommy.com and enter her contest too!






Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm Beverly @ beverlyhines@yahoo.com

The actor was on Desperate Housewives.

 
Clicky Web Analytics